█ Japanese Film Director Naomi Kawase: From Film to Real Life █
As the first collaboration between Golden Scene Company Limited and the Asian Film Awards Academy, we are very pleased to present this year's Film Craft Workshop with award winning Japanese film director Naomi Kawase at newly opened Golden Scene Cinema.
This year's topic will be 'From Film to Real Life'. Through this workshop, we aim to invite experienced film industry professionals from overseas to share their experience and knowledge with the public and university students from Hong Kong, allowing a cultural exchange in film appreciation. Hence there will be one workshop that is just for university students, so that they can have a dialogue with Ms. Kawase, hosted by renowned film critic and university lecturer Mr. Ka Ming. And the other workshop will be open to the public, moderated by another renowned film critic Mr. Thomas Shin.
This Film Craft Workshop will not only showcase director Kawase's newest film 'True Mothers', but we will also be showing one of her previous works 'An' (2015), in hopes to give the audiences of Hong Kong a chance to revisit the director's repertoire, as well as having a sneak peek of her newest work, which is set to be released in Hong Kong later this year.
● University student's screening and workshop - 12:15 AN / 14:30 TRUE MOTHERS / 17:00 Workshop in Live
● The public's screening and workshop - 13:15 AN / 15:30 TRUE MOTHERS / 18:00 Workshop in Live
● The screening and workshop for University students is private.
● The ticket sales of public screening and workshop will start on 23 March 2021 at Golden Scene Cinema box office or via Golden Scene Cinema’s Website: www.goldenscene.com
● Golden Scene Cinema, 2 Catchick Street, Kennedy Town.