CALL FOR APPLICATIONS!
July 5, 2017 (Wednesday), Hong Kong time 5:30pm
Location: Busan, South Korea
Festival Period: October 12 – 21, 2017
The Asian Film Awards Academy (AFA Academy), with the support of Create Hong Kong and the Film Development Fund of the Hong Kong SAR Government and in association with one of its Founding Organizations, the Busan International Film Festival (BIFF), will organize a Student Visit, titled Journey to the Fest, to the BIFF and its associated Asian Project Market (APM) in Busan, South Korea between October 12 and 21, 2017. This is to give Hong Kong film and media students the opportunity to develop their skills and enrich their outlook and experience through visiting an international film festival and networking with their peers and professionals from around the world. Students on the Visit will participate in the festival events, talks, attend networking events and watch films. The student group will be led by AFA Academy staff and comprise 12 to 16 students chosen by application and nomination.
- – Hong Kong Permanent Resident aged 18 years and above
- – Students in their second year of undergraduate study onwards may apply. Postgraduate students are welcome but should have attained an undergraduate degree within the past two years
- – Demonstrate a strong desire to pursue a career in the film or media industries
- – Round-trip economy-class air tickets from Hong Kong to Busan; and
- – Accommodation in Busan during the Student Visit
About the Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) | www.biff.kr The Busan International Film Festival is one of the largest film festivals in Korea. Beginning in 1996 as the first international film festival in Korea, it is now a major global event. In 1998, the BIFF launched Asian Project Market (APM, former Pusan Promotion Plan/PPP) followed by Asian Film Market in 2006. The festival also boasts a wide array of special events, outdoor performances and participatory programs.
Highlights from 2016’s Journey to the Fest at the Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival!