Asian Film Awards Academy aims to promote and encourage local short film production, and to discover and nurture young talents by providing funding support and a platform for showcasing their works, while enhancing their technical skills and the film’s quality through trainings.
International Film Camp is now open for applications.
Please read the eligibility and regulations carefully before your applications.
- Applicants must be a team of director and producer, who are citizens of Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand, or belong to a stateless community residing in these countries.
- Applicants must be able to attend the full program in person. The program will be conducted in English.
- The director must have made at least one short film, but not yet directed a feature film or series before.
- The producer can apply with more than one project.
- We do not accept submissions that are student thesis projects.
- We do not accept documentary and animation projects.
- An applicant who has been shortlisted to enter the Competition must be the director for the application, and shall form his / her own team, in which the scriptwriter and cinematographer must be Hong Kong permanent residents aged 18 to 35 years old.
- The applicant cannot participate in the Competition as the same key creative personnel (i.e. director, screenwriter and cinematographer) in 2 consecutive years. Applicants who were shortlisted to enter the 1st the Film Festival – Local Competition as director or scriptwriter or cinematographer are not eligible to take up the same position again in the Competition.
Disclaimer: Any views, information, opinions, statements, or recommendations expressed in the materials/events in the International Film Camp are solely those of the individuals involved and do not necessarily reflect those of the Organisers, Supporting Organisations, and Sponsors of the International Film Camp.